Avocado Chicken Salad
This is a terrific way to use up last night’s leftover chicken. Cilantro and lime juice add a bit of zest to liven up lunch or dinner. —Patricia Collins, Imbler, Oregon
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup pimientos, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 5 romaine leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, avocados, jicama and pimientos.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime
- juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Top with onions. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 416 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.