Avocado Chicken Pitas
“I've had this recipe for years and usually made it with chicken breasts. Just recently, I started using rotisserie chicken from the store cut into strips. Very quick!” notes Barbara Hunt of Nipomo, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound rotisserie chicken, cut into strips
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Brush one side of each pita bread with oil. Place on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until browned
- and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the lemon juice, salt,
- garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Spread over pitas. Layer with
- chicken, tomato and cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 723 calories, 42 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,265 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 46 g protein.