“I've had this recipe for years and usually made it with chicken breasts. Just recently, I started using rotisserie chicken from the store cut into strips. Very quick!” notes Barbara Hunt of Nipomo, California.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound rotisserie chicken, cut into strips
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Brush one side of each pita bread with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Spread over pitas. Layer with chicken, tomato and cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Chicken Pitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p47
Reviews for Avocado Chicken Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review