I love guacamole! But I add beans to boost the amount of fiber in this version. It has a consistency similar to hummus and is perfect for dipping chips, pita or veggies. —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Baked tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Avocado Bean Dip in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review