Avocado Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Baked tortilla chips
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 80 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Avocado Bean Dip
"Yum! This dip was gone in no time. I used a dash of salt instead of the 1/4 tsp. and it was amazing!"
"I had this recipe for about 5 months and I made this dip about 10 times now. It is a great snack...can't stop at just a few bites. Brought it to a work potluck and everyone wanted the recipe."
"Followed this recipe and used cannellini beans. It is such a satisfying dip. The lime juice and cilantro is the perfect amount. The only reason I didn't give it a 5-star rating is because I don't think it needs 1/4 teaspoon of salt. I think the salt should be "to taste.""
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.