Avocado Bacon Sandwiches
Since we grow avocados, I slice or cube them and toss them in to whatever I'm cooking. These open-faced sandwiches are one of our favorite light meals or snacks.—Alva Snider, Fallbrook, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2 medium ripe avocados, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels; set aside. Gently toss
- avocados with salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice;
- spread over toast. Top with avocado and bacon. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.