Avocado and Olive Taco Soup
This is a fun dish to serve when entertaining. Folks can fill their bowls with whatever garnish ingredients they like and then top it with the soup. It's like a taco in a bowl!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes until smooth; pour
- into a 3-qt. saucepan. Add the water, bouillon, chili powder and
- cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes. In soup bowls, layer cheese, tomato, avocado, olives,
- onions and chips. Top with hot soup and serve immediately. Yield: 8
- servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 229 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.