- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes until smooth; pour into a 3-qt. saucepan. Add the water, bouillon, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. In soup bowls, layer cheese, tomato, avocado, olives, onions and chips. Top with hot soup and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Taco Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p25
Reviews for Avocado and Olive Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2010
I can't imagine a Taco Soup without kidney and/or pinto beans in it! It sounds like way too much tomato flavor for my taste. I will pass on this one.