Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
This simple colorful salad is easy to make. We eat a lot of grapefruit so I was happy to come up with this pleasing combination. The honey in the dressing enhances the taste of both fruits.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce on two salad plates. Section the grapefruit over a bowl
- to reserve juice. Arrange grapefruit sections and avocado slices on
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and 1-1/2
- teaspoons reserved grapefruit juice. Drizzle over salads; serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 256 calories, 20 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein.