This simple colorful salad is easy to make. We eat a lot of grapefruit so I was happy to come up with this pleasing combination. The honey in the dressing enhances the taste of both fruits.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce on two salad plates. Section the grapefruit over a bowl to reserve juice. Arrange grapefruit sections and avocado slices on lettuce.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and 1-1/2 teaspoons reserved grapefruit juice. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Avocado and Grapefruit Salad in Reminisce February/March 2009, p 52
Reviews for Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review