I stop mashing before the veggies get too smooth because I like a chunky texture. But go ahead and keep mashing if you like them smoother in this dish. —Dana Balter, Naples, Florida
Featured In: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large celery roots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, parsnips, celery roots, broth and 2 teaspoons salt. Add water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a large bowl; reserve cooking liquid. Mash vegetables, gradually adding the milk, garlic powder, pepper, remaining salt and enough reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Autumn Vegetable Mash in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p77
Reviews forAutumn Vegetable Mash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
"Wonderful recipe. Followed recipe; no adjustments needed. Love this recipe."