Autumn Turkey Tenderloins Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter. Add the apple juice, apple, brown sugar, bouillon, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey and apple slices to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over turkey and apple. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer