Autumn Turkey Tenderloins Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter. Add the apple juice, apple, brown sugar, bouillon, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey and apple slices to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over turkey and apple. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Autumn Turkey Tenderloins(5)
Sort By :
I also used cutlets because I can't find a tenderloin. The sauce was very mild, even a little boring. I added about 1.5 tsp of apple cider vinegar to give it some brightness. DD gave it 3 stars, DH gave 4 as did I. It is not going to be a staple recipe but I definitely will make again.
I liked this one but my DH wasn't as thrilled with it. I liked it though!
Yum! I used leftover turkey.
I would think this would be good with a pork tenderloin, too. I am going to try it.
I love this recipe. The only problem is I can't find Turkey breast tenderloin where I live. I have made it twice with turkey cutlets, but even these are seldom seen at the grocery store. I might have to try chicken next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >