- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter. Add the apple juice, apple, brown sugar, bouillon, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove turkey and apple slices to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over turkey and apple. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Autumn Turkey Tenderloins
Sort By :
"I agree with marylouboo I am going to try it with pork tenderloin, and it easier to get a pork tenderloin and apple always are good with pork"
"I also used cutlets because I can't find a tenderloin. The sauce was very mild, even a little boring. I added about 1.5 tsp of apple cider vinegar to give it some brightness. DD gave it 3 stars, DH gave 4 as did I. It is not going to be a staple recipe but I definitely will make again."
"I liked this one but my DH wasn't as thrilled with it. I liked it though!"
"Yum! I used leftover turkey."
"I would think this would be good with a pork tenderloin, too. I am going to try it."