Autumn Tossed Salad Recipe
“When you take this wonderful salad to a holiday gathering or serve it at home, you will get rave reviews and many requests for the recipe,” predicts field editor Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a blender, combine the lemon juice, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, cashews, apple, pear and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC