“When you take this wonderful salad to a holiday gathering or serve it at home, you will get rave reviews and many requests for the recipe,” predicts field editor Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, cashews, apple, pear and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Autumn Tossed Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p6
Reviews for Autumn Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review