I've been serving beverages made with various flavors of tea at gatherings, and people are always surprised by the results. This blend features flavors we associate with fall - apple, cranberry and pumpkin pie spice. Serve it either warm or cold.
-Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 individual tea bags
- 5 cups boiling water
- 5 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place the tea bags in a large heat-proof bowl; add boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 8 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add the remaining
- ingredients to tea; stir until sugar is dissolve. Serve warm or over
- ice. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-calorie cranberry juice and sugar substitute) equals 66 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.