Autumn Streusel Cake Recipe
Pears, pecans and cranberries flavor this pretty cake from our Test Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice just until combined (batter will be stiff).
- 2. Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over the top; sprinkle with remaining filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 235 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Streusel Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC