- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice just until combined (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over the top; sprinkle with remaining filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Autumn Streusel Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p116
Reviews for Autumn Streusel Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review