Autumn Squash Tartlets Recipe
I use the fall squash from my family's Mississippi pumpkin farm to develop recipes that teach people how to cook with squash. My wonderful autumn appetizer can be made with any fall squash. —Leslee Colson, Montgomery, Alabama
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1. Unfold puff pastry; cut out sixteen 2-in. circles from each sheet. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. Place squash and cream in a food processor. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 3. Spoon mixture into pastry cups. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Top with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 32 tartlets.
1 tartlet equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Squash Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC