- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"This is one of my husband's favorites! Last time I made it, I added cubed Gouda and crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese. The flavors are out of this world!!"
"excellent recipe. I used apple instead of pear and walnuts in place of pecans. Very good flavor. I will certainly used this for family dinners."
"Great flavor and so easy. I only use 1 Tablespoon of sugar - the pear and cranberries add sweetness to the mix. Will make this often!"
"I don't put any celery in since my son doesn't like raw celery. I like sliced raw white button mushrooms with my spinach salads so I add that instead. I also decrease the sugar a bit since it is a tad sweet for our tastes. Otherwise this is definitely a keeper!"
"We have made this several times, changing the fruit and once substituting celery see for the celery. Always good. I think it is the dressing that puts it over the top. We have decreased the sugar in the dressing as we found it too sweet."