Autumn Soup Recipe
I received this recipe from my daughter Janet. It's a wonderful way to enjoy fall's bounty...and it freezes well, too.—Irene Dee, Ogilvie, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 1 cup diced peeled rutabaga
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups water
- 1. Puree tomatoes in a blender; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 127 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC