- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 1 cup diced peeled rutabaga
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups water
- Puree tomatoes in a blender; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Autumn Soup(3)
Sort By :
Sounds great-I would add more basil and a dash or two or worchestershire sauce.
This has been a handed down family soup we have used for years. Have not used rutabagas in it, but will try it. We put plain yogurt or sour cream on top along with Parmesan Cheese. Great soup! Freezes well, nice to have on hand for those nights you just dont have time. You can do it in the slow cooker as well! I also use stewed ITALIAN tomatoes.
I have made this soup for years and everyone loves it. So easy to do and so nice in the cold weather.