Autumn Sausage Casserole Recipe
Apple, raisins and spices give this tasty sausage-rice casserole a taste of autumn. We enjoy it with a green salad on a cold fall day. It would be a nice potluck dish, too—just double the recipe if needed.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, apple, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Sausage Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC