- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, apple, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Sausage Casserole
"I almost forgot the brown sugar too, Kimb0! I added about half of the brown sugar, and both my husband and I liked it better without it. I think the sweetness of the raisins was enough. (I used a mix of raisins, golden raisins and dried cherries.) We really enjoyed this recipe because it was so different. I served it with the Fresh Tomato Basil Tart also from TOH."
"I forgot the brown sugar and am pretty sure I peppered it twice, but it was still amazing!!! Look forward to making it again!!"
"This was very good and will make it on the table often."
"Five stars! I made this exactly as written and it was excellent! I think I may try adding a little sage next time, but this recipe is a KEEPER!"
"My husband and I loved this dish! I didn't have celery on hand so I substituted bell pepper. I also used pure maple syrup instead of brown sugar. YUM! Will definitely make this again."