Autumn Salad Recipe
This recipe is a perfect accompaniment to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. The vinaigrette adds a wonderfully fresh flavor. --Patricia Schmeling
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large unpeeled Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, dill, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil while whisking. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cheese, walnuts and 3 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- 2. Place romaine and watercress in a large salad bowl; drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Arrange romaine mixture and apple mixture on serving plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 219 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC