Autumn Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
A light orange dressing nicely accents sweet dried cranberries and crunchy almonds. It you prefer, you can use your favorite salad greens in place of the ready-to-serve package.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- shake well. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, almonds,
- cranberries and onion. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 212 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.