- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- Saute the onion and green and yellow peppers in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Crumble turkey into skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the pumpkin, tomatoes, chili powder, pepper and salt. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Pumpkin Chili
"Very bland! Will make it again with some of the suggestion by other reviewers. I like the pumpkin flavor that is added, but it needs a lot more!"
"Added more salt."
"I've made this several times and it always turns out great with a few tweaks. I add cumin, red pepper flakes, and use a hot chili mix instead of chili powder. I really like mine extra spicy so I slit two habanero peppers and add to the chili and let it slow for hours. This receipi makes a good base for making chili."
"This is a very good Chili. I had to add a little bit of broth. It was too thick. Wonderful meal for the cold days here in the mountains."
"Made for work at the firehouse. Added kidney beans. Was a big hit! Pumpkin made it creamy and a little bit thicker. Not overpowering with the pumpkin flavor"