Autumn Power Porridge Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, oats, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the pumpkin, pie spice and agave nectar. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are tender. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without milk): 361 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Autumn Power Porridge
"This was pretty good. Very good on a cold winter morning."
"My vegan friend loved it and asked for the recipe. I thought it was just ok."
"My husband, who hates oatmeal, LOVED this recipe."