- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, oats, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, pie spice and agave nectar. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are tender. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Serve with milk if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Power Porridge
"Thanks you, Jennifer, for sharing this recipe. I used red quinoa and raisins in the recipe and cut it in half."
"This was pretty good. Very good on a cold winter morning."
"My vegan friend loved it and asked for the recipe. I thought it was just ok."
"My husband, who hates oatmeal, LOVED this recipe."