Autumn Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 baking apples, quartered
- 1. Place the roast in a large baking pan. Arrange potatoes, carrots, onions and pumpkin around roast. Add water to the pan. Sprinkle meat and vegetables with sage and pepper; dot vegetables with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Place the apples around roast; cover and bake for 1-1/4 hours, basting every 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. If desired, thicken pan juices for gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 563 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Pork Roast
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer