- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 baking apples, quartered
- Place the roast in a large baking pan. Arrange potatoes, carrots, onions and pumpkin around roast. Add water to the pan. Sprinkle meat and vegetables with sage and pepper; dot vegetables with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Place the apples around roast; cover and bake for 1-1/4 hours, basting every 30 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. If desired, thicken pan juices for gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Autumn Pork Roast
"A favorite at our house! Can't wait for butternut squash to arrive at our farmer's market again!"
"tjis was soooo gooood & soooo eeeeasy!!!Made it for my family & I am taking it to my Grandaughters to share with her family."