Autumn Pork Chops
A delectable fruit sauce makes this easy pork chop dish Sunday-special. It's an autumn favorite when the children and grandchildren gather at our place for dinner after church. The chops simmer to a wonderful tenderness in just an hour.
-Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 dried apricots
- 6 pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter for 1-2 minutes on
- each side. Arrange apricots and plums over pork. Combine the cider,
- sugar, salt and curry; pour over fruit. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove chops and fruit and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water
- until smooth; add to pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and fruit. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.