Autumn Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 2 loin pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and set aside. Toss cabbage with brown sugar and parsley; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes and beans. Arrange chops over vegetables. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Pour apple juice over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until the pork chops and vegetables are tender. Combine the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake for 15 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 625 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Pork Chop Dinner
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer