Autumn Pear Dessert
After a filling meal, this elegant little dessert hits the spot...and it's a snap to fix! Patricia Olson from Germantown, Maryland serves a warm pear with a few simple ingredients. "For a lighter dessert, substitute vanilla yogurt for the whipped topping," she suggests.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium firm pear
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Peel the top third of the pear; core from the bottom, leaving stem
- intact. Place on a microwave-safe plate; cover and cook on high for
- 1-2 minutes or until tender. Immediately transfer to a serving
- plate. Serve warm with whipped topping, raisins and pecans. Yield:
- 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.