Autumn Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato juice, ketchup, celery and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 20 meatballs.
5 each: 427 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 1884mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Autumn Meatballs
"nice mild taste to these, lots of sauce. I used V8 juice instead of tomato juice just because that is what I had on hand. I also cut back a bit on the bread crumbs."