Autumn Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato juice, ketchup, celery and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 20 meatballs.
5 each: 427 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 1884mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Meatballs
"nice mild taste to these, lots of sauce. I used V8 juice instead of tomato juice just because that is what I had on hand. I also cut back a bit on the bread crumbs."