I clipped this recipe out of the paper quite a few years ago, and it instantly became a family favorite. Tender pieces of tasty apple appear in every bite. - Helen Wiebe, Altona, Manitoba
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato juice, ketchup, celery and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 20 meatballs.
Originally published as Autumn Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p47
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Autumn Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review