- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato juice, ketchup, celery and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 20 meatballs.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Autumn Meatballs
Sort By :
nice mild taste to these, lots of sauce. I used V8 juice instead of tomato juice just because that is what I had on hand. I also cut back a bit on the bread crumbs.