Autumn Harvest Cobbler Recipe
Saying goodbye to summer peach crisp doesn’t have to be sorrowful when there’s a delicious fall cobbler waiting to comfort you. —Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a large saucepan combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1-3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Stir in the apples, raisins, apricots and lemon juice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot apple mixture. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and lemon peel.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 245 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC