Although my husband typically favors rich foods, he delights in eating this light sweet chicken. Apples and chicken are perfect partners.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender; add apples and saute 1
- minute longer. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with onion mixture. Combine apple juice and honey; pour
- over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat
- juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 223 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.