A dusting of confectioners' sugar is all that's needed on top of this spice cake. I've given these as gifts more times than I can count!
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) plum with apples baby food
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, baby food and eggs until well
- blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt;
- gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for
- 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 340 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium,