A dusting of confectioners' sugar is all that's needed on top of this spice cake. I've given these as gifts more times than I can count!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) plum with apples baby food
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, baby food and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Autumn Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p132
Reviews for Autumn Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review