Autumn Apple Tart Recipe
There are so many apple orchards in our state, and this tasty tart is one of my favorite ways to use this abundant fall fruit.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange apple slices over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cool. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Apple Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC