Autumn Apple Tart Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange apple slices over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cool. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 200 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Autumn Apple Tart
"5 star! great recipe for use of fall apples. Very easy!"
"This is excellent! However, before I added the apples atop the crust, I softened 4 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese with 1/4 C powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Then, I added the apples and topping. This is sooo good!"