- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Lettuce leaves
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Apple Salad
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe for the first time for Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit! It is so easy to make too. It is right up there with the orange gelatin pretzel salad as my favorite go to dessert recipes for the holidays or anytime!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. I made it, following the recipe and took it to a potluck, where it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it."
"I absolutely love this salad! I often sub sugar free jello and replace some or all of the sugar with Splenda. It seems like I make this about once every month for some event, but I think I could eat the entire bowl by myself! Yummy!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it so much my Mother made it for Christmas. It's really good!"
"Took this to a family dinner.Everyone really liked it."