Autumn Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- 2. Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece: 219 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Apple Salad
"This is a wonderful recipe. I made it, following the recipe and took it to a potluck, where it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it."
"I absolutely love this salad! I often sub sugar free jello and replace some or all of the sugar with Splenda. It seems like I make this about once every month for some event, but I think I could eat the entire bowl by myself! Yummy!"
"Took this to a family dinner.Everyone really liked it."
"This is a wonderful recipe! I receive requests for it year-round! Thank you Taste of Home for providing this recipe!"
"Wonderful even in the summer. So easy to prepare and it's a favorite whereever I bring it. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Excellent! Refreshing even in summer. Many requests whenever I take this anywhere. Men LOVE it also. Try it..you will not be sorry."
"I've made this recipe several times for church events. Everyone loves it and wants the recipe."
"Awesome! I made it with Sugar free jello and Splenda, and I couldnt tell a difference. This is a wonderful recipe."