Autumn Apple Salad Recipe
Whether I make it for a Sunday dinner, a company dinner or a covered-dish dinner, people like the blend of flavor in this salad. The ladies ask for the recipe...the men ask me to make sure their wives get a copy of it! Our house is on the edge of town. It has lots of room for gardening (my husband, my parents and grandparents, all lived on farms). I'm a second-grade teacher with two boys, 5 and 2, who "help" Mommy cook.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- 2. Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC