- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Lettuce leaves
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Reviews for Autumn Apple Salad
Sort By :
"Excellent!! I made it yesterday for a Veterans Day Dinner at our Club House and many asked for the recipe. I will be making it for our Thanksgiving Dinner, also."
"I tried this recipe for the first time for Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit! It is so easy to make too. It is right up there with the orange gelatin pretzel salad as my favorite go to dessert recipes for the holidays or anytime!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. I made it, following the recipe and took it to a potluck, where it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it."
"I absolutely love this salad! I often sub sugar free jello and replace some or all of the sugar with Splenda. It seems like I make this about once every month for some event, but I think I could eat the entire bowl by myself! Yummy!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it so much my Mother made it for Christmas. It's really good!"