Autumn Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apple butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger. Add eggs. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until set (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts if desired.
- 4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without pastry cutouts and whipped cream) equals 413 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.