- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Cut squash in half and discard seeds; set squash aside. In a skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain. Add egg, rice,apple, cranberries, celery, salt, parsley, allspice and cardamom. Spoon into squash halves; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Fill dish with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the squash is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Autumn Acorn Squash
Sort By :
"I substituted ground Italian sausage for the ground turkey as that was what I had on hand. I didn't have cardamom, so skipped it. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly & was pleased with the results. Very yummy! My only complaint is that it took my squash a lot longer to bake since they were big. It took at least an extra 45 minutes before they were tender enough to eat."
"Very good. Used brown rice and leftover canned cranberries. Didn't have allspice and cardamom so just sprinkled with paprika."