Austrian Nut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Slivered almonds
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, chopped almonds and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Form into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cutter and place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam on half of the cookies; top with another cookie.
- 3. For frosting, combine chocolate, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on tops of cookies. Decorate with slivered almonds. Yield: 20 sandwich cookies.
1 each: 146 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Austrian Nut Cookies
"Very fragile cookies. Crumbs are excellent, but make Almond Nut cookie instead."
"Very good! Everyone has liked them, even me... and I don't usually like nuts. We didn't use the chocolate frosting. Cut thick as these are very fragile cookies & if you want cookies instead of just crumbs, we found you have to be 3/8" thick."