Austrian Nut Cookies Recipe
These are my family's favorite Christmas cookies. If you arrange the slivered almonds in pinwheel fashion, the cookie looks like a poinsettia. —Marianne Weber, South Beach, Oregon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Slivered almonds
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, chopped almonds and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Form into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cutter and place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam on half of the cookies; top with another cookie.
- 3. For frosting, combine chocolate, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on tops of cookies. Decorate with slivered almonds. Yield: 20 sandwich cookies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Austrian Nut Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC