Austrian Nut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- In a bowl, combine flour, chopped almonds and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Form into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cutter and place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam on half of the cookies; top with another cookie.
- For frosting, combine chocolate, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on tops of cookies. Decorate with slivered almonds. Yield: 20 sandwich cookies.
Reviews for Austrian Nut Cookies(2)
Sort By :
Very fragile cookies. Crumbs are excellent, but make Almond Nut Cookie instead.
Very good! Everyone has liked them, even me... and I don't usually like nuts. We didn't use the chocolate frosting. Cut thick as these are very fragile cookies & if you want cookies instead of just crumbs, we found you have to be 3/8" thick.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >