Austrian Chocolate Balls Recipe
I love to prepare these candies for family gatherings, to share at work or when I have a craving for chocolate! They're not too sweet and the glaze makes them pretty.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, yolk, extract and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Add the extract, sugar and milk and mix well.
- Dip tops of cookies into glaze; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
Originally published as Austrian Chocolate Balls in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p23
Reviews for Austrian Chocolate Balls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review