- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first six ingredients and 3/4 teaspoon paprika. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into an 11x10-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into three strips. Spread 1/2 cup sausage mixture lengthwise down the center of each strip. Fold over sides, pinching edges to seal. Cut each log into six pieces.
- Place on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan, seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Bake until golden brown and sausage is no longer pink, 20-25 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Aussie Sausage Rolls
"I want to thank Melissa Landon. I've been making these for about 3 years. I actually use 2 pounds bulk sausages one hot and one sage. While moving I couldn't find my spices and grabbed a box of herb stuffing. I know sounds weird, but It turned out fantastic. We also love garlic so I combine powdered garlic & a little butter and brush the tops. Over the years I have added breadcrumbs, drained canned basil oregano tomatoes and shredded cheese, even celery to the meat sometimes. It is a Very Versatile recipe, don't be afraid to experiment. People fight over the leftovers and I never have tossed any away."
"This is the very first recipe I ever made using puff pastry. I turned out fantastic and is now one of my go to apps! I highly recommend it."
"was a hit with the men in my family-next time I will add shredded cheese."
"My family has requested these at Christmas for the past 7 or 8 years. They are a big hit. The first year I made them, I accidentally used cayenne pepper instead of paprika. A delicious mistake! I now make half of them spicy and half not."
"I made these for my BBQ on Sunday and they were a big hit with everyone. These are simple and delicious."